Foam Rolling the Stress Away
Benefits of foam rolling:
- alleviates soreness
- reduces inflammation that occurs during the muscle repair process
- aids in muscle repair recovery
- helps injury prevention by maintaining muscle length and remedying tension and tightness
- increases blood flow and elasticity of muscle tissue, joints, and fascia – the body's connective tissue – which helps with mobility, overall well-being, and a smoother appearance of fat underneath your skin
- promotes relaxation – roll away your worries!
Sitting for extended periods of time can affect your hip flexors. Foam stretching works on loosening the muscle tissue plus the connective tissue around it.
Another muscle that suffers from sitting all day.
Rolling out your quads to get your blood flowing and keeping muscles engaged.
For an extra spring in your step, try rolling out your calf muscles.
The tension on your upper back causes poor posture, foam rolling can help loosen things up.
Foam rolling can be painful on your first try. Make sure to take it easy and it's too much to bear, don't continue.
Disclaimer: The content of this page is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. References available on request.